At Joplin Children’s Dentistry, we know the importance of tracking your child’s growth and development. As your child grows, your child’s teeth change constantly. We encourage you to bring your child to the dentist every six months, so we can keep an eye on changes that occur during development.
What Are You Looking For?
Each child has a different way of growing, whether a child starts showing teeth at 4 months old or at 18 months old. We like to keep an eye on the following:
- How your child’s teeth shift as they grow in the first time, and then again as the adult teeth come in.
- Changes in the color of the gums, palette, and cheek area.
- Odd sores or lesions that appear without notice.
- Deep fissures that may need sealants to keep them from hiding plaque.
- Abnormal wear and tear on the teeth that may be a sign of teeth grinding.
- A change in jaw position, possibly due to TMJ disorders.
- The development of cavities, decay, or chips or breaks in the teeth.
Our team is trained to find problems before they start. We can show you how to watch for other signs in addition to what we do here in our office.
Why Should I Choose Joplin Children’s Dentistry?
Our team is fully trained in pediatric dentistry, which means we know how to take care of your child. We understand that young children may be scared of new environments, and our staff can help them feel more comfortable. We also offer sedation dentistry options, so your child can completely relax during a dentist visit.
You should feel confident in your child’s dentist, and we can help you feel that way! Come see our new office, and we can show your child that the dentist doesn’t have to be a scary place. We strive to make each visit pleasant for you and your child.
Call Today to Schedule an Appointment
Are you ready to schedule a routine exam, or do you need to bring your child in for another reason? Call today to schedule an appointment. Our staff can find a time that is convenient for you. We look forward to seeing you soon!